Monday, January 2, 2012

Phew!

After returning to school (a day before a lot of other schools) after Christmas break, I had no lessons planned and I hadn't done any correcting, even though I dutifully brought everything home. I regretfully loaded the car this morning with the same bag and crate I proudly carried home with good intentions last week. Not only was it the first day back, it was a Monday, and my only day without any specials, which means I get NO BREAK ALL DAY. Talk about the world's longest day!

You might be asking yourself, "What does this have to do with veganism?" Well, let me tell you. I was tired, I was stressed, and the thing I usually turn to is sweets. The only sugar I had in my classroom was some Tootsie rolls. I eagerly checked the ingredients on the side of the bag in hopes for some cosmic sign that I was supposed to eat them. Alas...Tootsie Rolls, although chewy and delicious, are not vegan. They contain skim milk and are thus not on my approved foods list. Gold star for the day for avoiding the temptation of candy!

More tomorrow on "chopping two carrots with one knife." Yeah, that's right... I've got you wondering, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment