Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Just keep on going"

I am embarrassed to say this, but my inspiration for this blog post comes from non other than an episode of The Backyardigans.

I fell off the wagon a bit today and ate something with an animal product in it. I'm not going to dwell on it because it is in the past and I am choosing to look ahead. I had to know that this transition would not be without its missteps. Being a perfectionist, that is difficult for me to wrap my head around, but I continue to work at it.

Anyway, the episode of Backyardigans was about two of the characters fighting about who was a faster racer/climber/jumper etc. The point was to get to the Mississippi River first. A third character - riding a burro instead of an elegant steed - joined the competition. While the first two characters were zooming towards the finish line, the burro's rider kept reassuring the donkey, saying, "Just keep going." In the end...big surprise... the donkey and his rider won.

I choose to model my mantra after the burro "Molasses" (appropriate, no?) and to "just keep going." Yeah, I messed up. Does that mean I have to give up? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. You're going at this with a great attitude. Did I tell you I'm giving up sodas (regular and diet) for 2012 while you are on your vegan quest? It's ain't easy! :-) But we'll suffer and reap the benefits together....

    ReplyDelete