Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Recipe:Black bean pizza

This was THE BEST vegan pizza I have ever had! I found the picture and a brief description and I had to make the rest up. I have written up the recipe for my friend Renee and I decided that other people might enjoy it too.

Ingredients:
1 12" pizza crust (I made mine from scratch)
1 can black beans
3 cloves of garlic, minced
small can of corn
olive oil
red onion
6 stalks of asparagus, tough part removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
1 link vegan sausage (I used chipotle for the spice)
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
1 T brown sugar
1/2 T soy sauce

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425.
Puree the black beans and garlic in a blender until smooth.
Start sweating the onions in a pan with 2T of olive oil (medium heat) until very soft.
Put the corn and asparagus on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast them in the oven until soft (about 10 minutes).
Chop the vegan sausage into crumbles.
Make the balsamic reduction by putting the vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a small pan over high heat until it boils. Reduce heat to low, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

To assemble the pizza, spread the crust with black bean puree and top with the corn, asparagus, and vegan sausage crumbles. Drizzle the pizza with the balsamic reduction. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy! And try not to eat the whole thing!


1 comment: